Time has ticked long as Nigeria Celebrates 56 years since Independence in 1960, October 1st.
Nigeria has evolved since independence. Here are a few throwback pictures for your relish!
1. Independence Building and Lagos Harbour (1974)
2. General View Of Historic Kano City (1950s)
3. When Queen Elizabeth met her people – Nigerians (1950s)
4. A view from Ikoyi Park, Lagos
5. A Nigerian chief with his family (1910)
6. Fulani Milkmaids (1960s-1970s)
7. Transportation in Nigeria
8. Igbo soldier during the Nigerian Civil War, (November, 1968)
9. Hair braiding in Nigeria. 1960
10. Nigeria leaders in those days
11. Old Carter bridge Lagos
12. Regiment of mounted armed guards in a procession during festival of Sallah in Katsina
13. A Yoruba woman in a traditional attire
14. A man and a lady on a motorcycle in Lagos Nigeria (1969)
15. Ben Ekanem’s equestrian Statue of Queen Amina- National Theatre Lagos, (1980)
16. African Visionary: Chief Festus Sam Okotie-Eboh – a Nigerian politician and former minister for finance (1919-1966)
17. A Nigerian chief with his family, 1910
18. Mary Slessor’s House in Calabar, Built in 1880.
19. CKC (Christ the king College), Onitsha. Central buildings, (1961)
20. Carter bridge street scene, Lagos Island (1950s)
21. Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing (1959)
22. The main core of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife.
23. Main Gate University of Ibadan, (1960)
24. The Lagos Railway (1900s)
25. Western House of Assembly, Ibadan (late 1950s)
26. Independence Fountain on the main road leading into the city of Kaduna, Nigeria (1960s)
27. Humuani Mosque, Lagos (1933)
24. Nigeria Airways Fokker 28 at Calabar airport (1970s)
25. The Niger at Jebba (1930)
26. Gurara Waterfalls ( From an old postcard)
27. Entrance to the Emir of Zarias Palace in Kaduna (1973)
28. Lugard Memorial Hall , Kaduna (1960s.)
29. Emirs palace, Kano (1960)
30. Chapel Of The Resurrection, University Of Ibadan (1960s)
31. Central bank of Nigeria, Lagos (1950s)
32. Barclays bank and Shell Petroleum buildings, Lagos (1960s-Early 1970s)
33. University College Hospital, Ibadan (1960s)
34. The Lagos – Kaduna Railway (1936)
35. General Post Office, Lagos (1973)
36. Mapo Hall, Mapo Hill Ibadan (1975)
37. The London and Kano trading company, Lagos (1960s)
38. Ikorodu expressway, Lagos (1970s)
39. Lagos Airport – Fokker FK27 BOAC and Shell Tanker Fokker (1960s)
40. Ibadan, Capital and Seat of Government, Western Nigeria (1968)
41. Tafa Balewa waving to Nigerians alongside a military man.(1960)
42. Secondary School Students at Independence(1960)
43. Tafa Balewa delivering a speech on Independence day.
44. The Queen Elizabeth alongside Tafa Balewa.
Communicators League Wishes Nigerians A Happy Independence Celebration.