Once again, I wish to on behalf of the Korean Cultural Centre Nigeria and Arojah Concepts appreciate everyone who participated in this year’s edition of the Korea-Nigeria Poetry Fiesta.
I must confess that the 3-man jury headed by Korea based Izuchukwu Okeke Job, had a tough time selecting just ten poems out of a total of FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY TWO poems received from across the country (including entries from Ghana, Thailand and South Africa).
I hereby present to you, the finalists for the 2017 edition of this ever growing poetry competition proudly sponsored by the Korean Cultural Centre.
1. CHANGE by Paul Simon
2. WHAT A MENACE by Ozeh Amarachi
3. BEYOND by Petters Diana
4. STATE OF NIGERIA by Mijinwaya Aisha
5. EXECU-TIVES by Yusuf Baba Mohammed
6. OPPOSITE by Kehinde Alimi
7. THE ENEMY CALLED CORRUPTION by Faith Jonah
8. BUHARI THE GREAT LEADER by Saadatu Abdullahi
9. THE POOR NATION by Zarah Marshal
10. STATE OF THE NATION by Yemi Arowolo
1. THIS POETRY OF EXILE by Innocent Silas Kalifcia
2. FREUDIAN SLIP by Boluwatife Afolabi
3. COLONIZED….. YET AGAIN by Osalam Nwosu
4. HOUSE RAT by Omale Allen Abdul-jabbar
5. RHYMES OF THE TIMES by Ikeogu Oke
6. HERE I LIE by Oluwadamilola Makinde
7. CESSPOOL OF COLLECTIVISM by Oguns Peter
8. STOLEN HOPES by Maryam Thaoban
9. TELL THEM! By Ogedengbe Tolulope
10. GONE TOO SOON by Ojo Blessing
Please note that this shortlist is in no particular order as WINNERS will only be unveiled at a brief event commemorating the 2017 World Poetry Day on Tuesday March 21, 2017 at the Korean Cultural Centre Nigeria in Abuja.
The 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize winners would receive their prize money while other will receive consolation prizes in cash/cheques and Korean branded souvenirs
Shortlisted poets outside Abuja should note that we are not able to provide logistics (transportation, accomodation and feeding) for your trip to Abuja for the award ceremony.
For enquiries, please email: KNPF@AROJAHCONCEPTS,COM or call 08034530786