For ages, feeding the mouth and the mind has ensured the sustenance of mankind, making food and arts complementarily indispensable.
Accordingly, Poets in Nigeria (PIN) calls for submissions of food-related poems for the 4th edition of the PIN Annual Food Poetry Contest (initiated in 2013 as Eriata Annual Food Poetry Contest).
1st Prize – ₦30,000
2nd Prize – ₦15,000
3rd Prize – ₦5,000
• Open to all poets irrespective of location or background.
• There are no fixed themes, but submissions must either be food-related or food-inspired.
• Entries should make adequate use of imagery appealing to the senses.
• Entries must be previously unpublished in any form.
• An entrant can submit a maximum of 2 poems with limitless word count.
• Entries must be original, intellectual property of the entrants.
• Entering for the contest gives PIN automatic right to make use of your works as deemed appropriate.
• All submissions must be written in English. Include a glossary section for native terms.
• Submissions should be accompanied by biography, photograph and contact information (name, email address and phone number).
• All submissions (in the body of the mail) should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31st August, 2017
NOTE: Winners will be announced during the 4th edition of the Art-Hub slated for 1st October, 2017 in Isheri, Lagos.
For further enquiries, contact the moderator – +2347034847164.
Kolade Olanrewaju Freedom
Moderator, PFPC 2017